Sunday, October 6, 2013

iTunes Top 25 #25-#21



I've decided to do a series covering my top 25 most played songs on iTunes. Some have changed recently, some have been in there for years. I'm recording all the play counts as they stand today, in case they move around again in the next little while.

iTunes #21-#25
This is definitely the embarrassing/guilty pleasure end of my multi-played iTunes. Ahhh. Not sure I want to reveal some of these, so poor in taste are they. But they make me happy, and I enjoy listening to them.

Number 25 is Baby by Justin Bieber. Binged-played this one a while back and haven't managed to wipe it yet. Cringe. But the guitar and pop beats and things are just so fun. And I really enjoy that this is an age-appropriate song for a teen pop-star.
Number 24 is Hearts a Mess by Gotye, which I still question the no apostrophe in, but I've checked a lot of places. I retraced this song after my other Gotye loves sprung up, and yes a little from Gossip Girl (more cringe.) In my opinion, this song has a beautiful dark quality that not many others can match.
Number 23 is Somebody to Love by Queen. Sooooo many fantastic musical moments in this song. The harmonies are of course brilliant, but so is the subject matter of the lyrics, it's so universal. Seriously adore this song, surprised I haven't played it more. Probably I just sing it to myself.
Number 22 is Glee's version of Only The Good Die Young. When I used to watch Glee (it got REALLY weird and started trying too hard to be something it's not aka educational), I really loved when they did this song. Love the song, loved the glee, binge-played it.
Number 21 is Accidentally in Love by Counting Crows. Anyone who's seen Shrek 2 loves this song. My dearest ex-debating coach and her husband played this song as they walked up the aisle together, so sweet. Really fun, upbeat and happy. Favourite line has got to be "These lines of lightning mean we're never alone." Great melody and harmony in that one.

These songs definitely show that my mood dictates the music, fo sho.

Having not gone home for the mid-sem break is getting to me a litt,e I miss my dogs and my sister, none of who have the ability to come down here very often. My exam timetable is not the greatest, my very most important recital exam is on the first day, so that's in less than a month. Though I will be finished early, I only have two exams in the official exam period anyway. Five assignments, three big ones, two littler ones, and concert round out the assessable semester. Plus a whole bunch of applications and decisions to be made for next year. Woo.

Off for some snacks,

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment