Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Wardrobe Crisis

Ladies and Gentlefriends,

I'm having cupboard problems of a first world kind. Too many clothes, not enough space.

"When a woman says, 'I have nothing to wear!', what she really means is, 'There's nothing here for who I'm supposed to be today." - Caitlin Moran. 

I've been doing a wardrobe challenge of a different kind this week. I got the idea from Leandra Medine's Man Repeller blog, can't find the link to the original article unfortunately, I don't remember the actual title, but basically her idea was if you select 4-6 items and make them and only them into outfits for a week, it will help you to appreciate the rest of your closet. At the end of the week, I then intend to use a suggestion from Stylecaster to clear out my wardrobe of things that I really can live without. Stylecaster's tip is that you look at clothes and determine "if I was shopping right now, would I buy this?" I am going to try my best to be brutally honest and pass the rest on. I'm gonna try to sell some of my Mum's vintage pieces on ASOS Marketplace, so I'll link that when I do.

However, my 8-piece capsule wardrobe has suffered from my messy eating habits already. Two of my three shirts are drying after some chocolate mishaps.
Assignments are making me grumpy so we shall not discuss those, yet.

With love,

J x

No comments:

Post a Comment